Out of all the lasagna recipes I have tried this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. I hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 28 ounce cans of Cento crushed tomatoes
- 2 packages of portobello mushrooms
- 1 package soy meat
- 1 package of vegan cheese (I use daiya mozzarella style)
- 1 package frozen spinach or 1 container fresh spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Place lasagna noodles in pot and boil.
- While lasagna noodles are boiling– in large wok sauté garlic and onion in 2 tbsp water or vegetable broth for 2-3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, sugar, Italian seasoning and stir. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In wok pan fry mushrooms and spinach in water or vegetable broth (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan). You may need to add more as wok gets dry. Set aside in separate bowl.
- Place soy meat in a pan and cook until slightly crispy. Set aside
- Drain lasagna noodles.
- In a baking dish ( I use 9 X 13) cover the bottom with crushed tomato mixture. Add a layer of lasagna noodles and cover with tomato mixture. Layer soy meat on top. Then layer 1/3 package of cheese on top.
- Layer more lasagna noodles and cover with more tomato mixture. Layer mushroom/spinach mixture on top. Use 1/3 package of cheese on top of mixture. Layer more lasagna noodles on top. Cover with remaining crushed tomato mixture and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.